Operations/ Administration Assistant
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
With deep expertise in finance and policy, Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is an analysis and advisory organization that works to improve the most important energy and land use practices around the world. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Kenya, the United Kingdom, and the United States. CPI is a small but dynamic organization, with a global reach and an entrepreneurial culture. We work hard to maintain an idea-driven, collaborative environment across all our teams.
The Operations Assistant holds a key position providing comprehensive administrative support and office management. This will be a flexible part-time position (20- 30 hours/week) based in our San Francisco Office but has the potential to grow into a full-time role. The Operations Assistant must have good judgment and significant initiative across a broad spectrum of activities and situations. In any given day you may answer general inquiries via phone and email, enter expense reports, organize the office space, organize files, and coordinate with the Executive Director’s schedule. This position requires an independent and enthusiastic personality with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. The successful applicant will report to the Senior Operations Associate.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and others as assigned:
- Serve as first point of contact for the San Francisco office: receive visitors and respond to email inquiries; liaise with building management staff
- Coordinate office management including purchasing supplies and other equipment; supplier liaison; and processing invoices
- Support IT operations including liaison with support providers; troubleshooting failures and coordinating repairs; and maintenance, inventory and purchasing
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director including travel and schedule coordination, credit card and expense reconciliation and special projects as required
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Operations Associate including recruitment and benefits administration and project contract support
- Provide administrative support to the Climate Finance team including scheduling team meetings and managing logistics for team events
- Provide logistical support to local and regional CPI hosted events
- Ensure that files, both electronic and paper, are organized and current
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 1-2 years working in a similar administrative role
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to creatively and efficiently prioritize and execute multiple tasks and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive information discreetly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English (required)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (required)
- An ability to use and learn IT systems and follow processes efficiently and consistently
- An interest in climate change and sustainability (desirable)
- Dedication to the mission and values of CPI
CPI is hiring for one part-time position paid on hourly basis, open immediately. The position will be located in San Francisco and may require occasional local and international travel. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Visit LINK to submit an application. With your application, attach two documents: (1) CV/resume, (2) a cover letter outlining why you want to work with CPI, how your skills and experience align with the above tasks and what days/hours are you available to work.
Applications close midnight May 8th, 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.