ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
With deep expertise in finance and policy, CPI is an analysis and advisory organization that works to improve the most important energy and land use practices around the world. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Kenya, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
CPI is known as a leader in tracking sustainable investment trends, identifying innovative business models, and supporting the solutions that can drive a transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient economy. We are unique in our focus on finance, our ability to get the right people to the table, and our analytical rigor.
In Indonesia, CPI partners with relevant ministries to understand, develop, and adjust fiscal policies and mechanisms that encourage the transition to a green economy and the optimal use of land and energy resources. In efforts to accelerate green investment, particularly in the energy sector, CPI works with public and private financing institutions.
CPI offers a challenging environment that requires independent thinking, collaboration, and pragmatic problem solving. The Analyst will provide support to the delivery of CPI’s will support the delivery of CPI’s technical assistance program in Indonesia to optimize public finance effectiveness to deliver sustainable energy, land use and natural resource management.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Associate Director of CPI’s Indonesia office and a Senior Analyst, the Analyst undertakes robust and careful analysis, drawing on methodologies from finance, economics, and public policy (a more focused skill on investment analysis is considered an advantage). The Analyst will be actively involved in formulating ideas for future projects, developing project proposals, and collaborating with other parties to accomplish CPI’s deliverables.
In conducting analysis, the Analyst is required to work in close cooperation with a range of stakeholders (local and international partners, financial institutions, government agencies and other private sector actors) as well as with CPI teams throughout the world. Previous work experience in performing research assignments are valuable assets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and others as assigned:
- Perform rigorous quantitative and qualitative evaluation of national and international climate finance mechanisms and flows, climate policies, fiscal policy aspects of climate finance, energy and land use investments and policies.
- Under the direction of Senior Analysts, contribute to the design, management, and implementation of complex research assignments, data collection, and analytical projects
- Engage clients and relevant stakeholders throughout the research process
- Support effort in identifying and securing new funding opportunities for CPI Indonesia.
- Interact with policymakers and other stakeholders on a regular basis to conduct joint analysis, communicate research findings effectively, and/or to ensure analysis undertaken is policy relevant.
- Produce and edit high-quality CPI products, including full reports, executive summaries, blogs, and presentations
- Assist with a range of project management and administrative responsibilities, including organizing meetings and workshops
- Communicate and collaborate with CPI staff both in-country and around the globe
- Produce high-quality materials on demanding deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Candidate should have more than 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience working in financial institutions and/or advisory firms (i.e. investment bank, development financial institution, corporate finance advisory firm, credit rating agency or management consulting company) are valuable assets.
- Have deep interest in climate issues, economics of climate policy and fiscal policy issues relating to climate mitigation and adaptation
- Theoretical and practical knowledge analyzing climate finance, economics of policy choices, energy project investments in clean energy, and/or energy and climate markets. Academic, private sector experience and/or government or multi-lateral experience is valuable
- Master’s degree from reputable university majoring in Finance, Economics, Environmental Science or a related, quantitatively rigorous field required.
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (financial modeling) and Power Point
- Flexibility, professionalism, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and an ability to interact with a diverse array of people
- Strong attention to detail, organization, time management, and prioritization skills, and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Superior Bahasa Indonesia and English written and verbal communications skills
- Creative, open-minded and has a sense of humor
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
CPI is hiring for one full-time Analyst position, open immediately. The position will be located in Jakarta but may require occasional regional and international travel. CPI offers an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package. Compensation will be based on experience
Visit this link to submit an application.
With your application, attach two documents: (1) CV and (2) a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the above criteria and why you want to work with CPI, followed by a writing sample of 5 pages or less that has not been edited by anyone other than yourself.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Indonesia.
Please submit your application by midnight WIB on Friday 20th December 2019.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.