Assistant Controller – Accounts Payable
New Delhi, India
About the Organization
With deep expertise in finance and policy, Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is an analysis and advisory organization that works to improve the most important energy and land use practices around the world. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Kenya, the United Kingdom, and the United States. CPI is a small but dynamic organization, with a global reach and an entrepreneurial culture. We work hard to maintain an idea-driven, collaborative environment across all our teams.
The position is designed for a strong team contributor who shall be responsible for accurately processing all vendor invoices, maintaining operational excellence and should be able to manage daily accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. This is a new position and will take on interesting and challenging responsibilities as our organization continues to grow in both size and complexity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Review and reconciliation of electronic invoices submitted by suppliers; reconcile supplier statements
- Liaison with stakeholders for processing, query resolution and closure of payments
- Vendor contract management
- Responding to client and supplier queries and ensure timely payment disbursement to all the vendors
- Work closely with external outsourced vendors, review monthly payroll journals and ensure payroll accruals are prepared and reconciled in line with agreed month end schedules along with reconciliation of payment summaries
- Travel expenses settlement, month end reconciliation activities regarding accounts payables
- Ensure all AP processes activities are in accordance with Company’s Policy and Internal Controls are in place to minimize/ eliminate the errors; audit and review work for accuracy and compliance
- Assist with audits; obtaining documentation, running reports and providing information to the auditors
- System reconciliations – reconcile AP ledger to the General Ledger
- Provide support and assistance in the delivery of key payroll data for all internal and external payroll audits
- Reconcile all the bank accounts with the ledger and update on monthly basis and report the status to the seniors.
- Additional tasks as assigned by manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Commerce, Finance Management or related degree
- At least two years’ experience in Finance and Accounting with a strong understanding of the end-to-end process
- In-depth knowledge of overall accounts payable activities e.g. invoice processing, disbursement of taxes and vendor management
- Knowledge of preparing purchase orders, receipt of fixed assets, accounting of assets and payments to supplier
- Strong computer skills, expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and an ability to grasp new software quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff and senior management
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work and deliver results quickly and efficiently
- Ability & willingness to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment and with changing priorities
- Superior attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with fluency in English
Visit https://climatepolicy.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=92 to apply. Please include your resume, a cover letter and references.
Applications must be received by no later than 16 June to be considered. No phone calls please.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.