New Delhi, India
About the Organization
Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is a team of analysts and advisors that works to improve the most important energy and land use policies around the world, with a particular focus on finance. We answer pressing questions posed by decision makers through in-depth analysis. We work in places that provide the most potential for policy impact, including Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States.
About the position
CPI is looking for a talented and a motivated individual at Associate/Analyst level to provide research and analytical support for our work in India. S/he will work with the government and businesses to help design policy options that are practical and implementable.
The selected candidate will be expected to work in conjunction with other CPI offices worldwide. S/he is expected to demonstrate good quantitative skills; prior experience in clean technology or policy analysis; excellent written and oral communication skills; and an ability to generate actionable rather than academic insights.
The selected candidate will work on projects of both national and international scope. S/he will work in a challenging environment that requires independent thinking as well as collaboration and problem solving with team members, cross-disciplinary understanding, and professional interactions. Successful candidates will be expected to pursue robust and careful quantitative analysis. Previous experience with climate policy, carbon markets or regulation would be valuable.
Qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work on certain select projects in direct support of the CPI team in India and other CPI offices globally. We will place a premium on problem structuring, initiative, and flexibility in our hiring.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Perform rigorous quantitative evaluation of national and international climate and energy policies.
- Design and implement complex analytical research assignments, requiring economic and financial modeling.
- Assist in the writing and editing of high-quality research products.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in one of the following: economics/statistics/finance.
- Candidates with a strong analytical/quantitative background and/or a master’s degree preferred.
- Required 2+ years of work experience in the Indian renewables sector/ Public Policy/ Project Finance
- Understanding of climate and energy policies in place and under discussion in relevant countries; in particular, in India, both at the federal and state levels.
- An insightful, independent, analytical mind with a strong track record of applying sound political and strategic judgment in complex situations.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex qualitative and quantitative analyses to expert as well as non-technical audiences.
- Professionalism, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and ability to interact with a diverse array of people.
Title and compensation
The position will be located in Delhi/NCR. We offer excellent benefits packages and competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
Visit link to submit an application. With your application, attach two documents: (1) CV/resume, (2) a cover letter, followed by a writing sample. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.