New Delhi, India
About the Organization
Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is a team of analysts and advisors that works to improve the most important energy and land use policies around the world, with a particular focus on finance. We answer pressing questions posed by decision makers through in-depth analysis. We work in places that provide the most potential for policy impact, including Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Interpreting data, analyzing results and trends using statistical techniques in complex datasets
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Producing high-quality materials such as numerical analysis, written documents and presentations to short deadlines.
- Work effectively with the rest of the India team and the rest of the Climate Finance team in the global network
Qualifications and Attributes
- An insightful, independent, analytical mind, with a passion for energy and climate change issues
Proven working experience of 2-3 years as a data analyst or business data analyst, preferably in the renewables/power/energy sector.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in and understanding of the finance industry and financing structures for infrastructure projects is very desirable but not necessary
- Ability to communicate methods, results and recommendations from complex qualitative and quantitative analysis to expert and non-technical audiences.
- Educational background in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Math preferred.
Title and compensation
The position will be located in Delhi/NCR. We offer excellent benefits packages and competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
Visit link to submit an application. With your application, attach two documents: (1) CV/resume, (2) a cover letter, followed by a writing sample. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.