Intern, Climate Finance
With deep expertise in finance and policy, CPI is an analysis and advisory organization that works to improve the most important energy and land use practices around the world. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Kenya, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
CPI is known as a leader in tracking sustainable investment trends, identifying innovative business models, and supporting the solutions that can drive a transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient economy. We are unique in our focus on finance, our ability to get the right people to the table, and our analytical rigor.
Our Climate Finance Program is seeking talented and skilled individuals to support teams in developing high-quality and actionable research and policy analysis for our San Francisco office.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a world-recognized team on cutting edge analytical projects that support policy frameworks and investments that can drive the transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient world. Some of our most well-known projects include the Global Landscape of Climate Finance, which is the most comprehensive inventory of global climate change investment available and the Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance whose financial instruments have attracted hundreds of millions of dollars to drive low-carbon and climate-resilient growth in developing countries.
- You are pursuing, or have recently completed a post-graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. economics, finance, public policy)
- You have working knowledge of issues in domestic and international climate policy. An interest in cities finance is highly desirable.
- You have a precise, detail-oriented approach to research and data analysis. Quantitatively rigorous background preferred
- You have excellent writing skills and ability to assist in producing and editing high-quality CPI products such as reports, presentations and blogs to short deadlines
- You are a focused professional with an enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and the ability to interact with a diverse group of people from inside and outside the organization
- You have a strong commitment to CPI’s mission and values
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel. Knowledge of other software including SQL highly desirable.
Click on this link to submit an application for an internship. As part of your application please attach your CV and a cover letter describing your area of specialism, any interest in particular CPI projects and stating your availability (including whether full-time or part-time)
Application Deadline: April 10, 2020
- We favor applicants who are available for at least three months though we offer some flexibility
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US
- Compensation for this role will be commensurate with the applicant’s skills and experience and in line CPI’s compensation policy.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer