Intern, Climate Finance- Summer 2019
Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) works to improve the most important energy and land use policies around the world, with a particular focus on finance.
Our Climate Finance Program is seeking talented and skilled individuals to support teams in developing high-quality and actionable research and policy analysis for our San Francisco office.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a world-recognized team on cutting edge analytical projects that support policy frameworks and investments that can drive the transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient world. Some of our most well-known projects include the Global Landscape of Climate Finance, which is the most comprehensive inventory of global climate change investment available and the Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance whose financial instruments have attracted hundreds of millions of dollars to drive low-carbon and climate-resilient growth in developing countries.
The successful candidate will have:
- Pursuing a degree in a relevant field (e.g. economics, finance, public policy)
- Working knowledge of issues in domestic and international climate policy.
- A precise, detail-oriented approach to research and data analysis. Quantitatively rigorous background preferred
- Excellent writing skills and ability to assist in producing and editing high-quality CPI products such as reports, presentations and blogs to short deadlines
- Professionalism, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and ability to interact with a diverse group of people from inside and outside the organization
- Strong commitment to CPI’s mission and values
- Excellent IT skills
- Attach your CV
- Attach a cover letter describing your area of specialism, any interest in particular CPI projects and stating your availability (including whether full-time or part-time)
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
- We favor applicants who are available for at least three months though we offer some flexibility
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US
- Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer