Media Relations Freelancer, India
With deep expertise in policy and finance, Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) works with governments, development banks, and investors around the world to drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI is known as a leader in tracking sustainable investment trends, identifying innovative business models, and supporting the solutions that can drive a transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient economy.
With offices in Brazil, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States, CPI manages the Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance (the Lab), which identifies, develops, supports innovative climate finance instruments. Since 2014, instruments incubated by the Lab have collectively mobilized over USD 1.4 billion for sustainable development worldwide. In India, CPI focuses on developing innovative finance and policy solutions that can support the government’s green growth targets. Our team in Delhi lead the India operations of the Global Lab, the US-India Clean Energy Finance Initiative, and advise our government and business partners.
CPI is seeking a media relations freelancer to support our India program’s profile in national and international media, particularly within financial and business press. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of placing news articles and opinion pieces in Indian and international media, dealing with senior staff, as well as the ability to understand technical content and connect it with real world news hooks.
- Maintaining working knowledge of CPI’s major programs and publications relating to India
- Drafting press releases, media availabilities, and opinion pieces
- Working with journalists and editors to place stories and opinion pieces
- Proactively alerting and acting on opportunities for CPI spokespeople to connect with the press, including through seeking placement of articles
- Helping to train CPI experts on media
- Advising CPI team regarding public affairs risks or crisis
Valued experience and skills:
- At least 8-years experience in public relations, journalism, communications, or related field
- Strong track record of placing news articles and opinion pieces in Indian and international media
- Excellent contacts at major Indian print outlets, especially business and financial press
- Ability to understand technical details and craft compelling, media friendly messages
- Excellent interpersonal communications
- Passion for, and experience in climate change, energy, policy, or finance preferred
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
The contract will be on a retainer basis for 10-16 hours/month.
The work can be home-based but the freelancer must be available to take early morning/late evening calls with CPI’s global staff. The position will report to CPI’s communications lead based in Delhi, work closely with CPI’s Asia Director, and work with our international communications team based in the U.S. and London, as well as with our analyst team in Delhi. The person will be expected to be present at CPI offices in Delhi on an as-needed basis.
Visit this https://climatepolicy.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=77 to submit an application. With your application, attach two documents: (1) CV and (2) a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience suit the above tasks as well as your hourly rates.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.