New Delhi, India
About the Organization
With deep expertise in finance and policy, CPI is an analysis and advisory organization that works to improve the most important energy and land use practices around the world. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Kenya, the United Kingdom, and the United States. About the position
Under the supervision of the Senior Advisor and Asia Director, Climate Finance, the Senior Analyst will shape and influence CPI’s analytical standing, reputation and growth.
You will have overall responsibility to provide research and analytical leadership for our work in India. You will work with the government and businesses to help design policy and market options that are practical and implementable.
You will be expected to work in conjunction with other CPI offices worldwide. You will demonstrate good quantitative skills; experience in finance; excellent written and oral communication skills; and an ability to generate actionable rather than academic insights.
You will work in an environment that requires independent thinking, collaborative problem solving, cross-disciplinary understanding, and professional interactions. You will pursue robust and careful quantitative analysis. We place a premium on problem structuring, initiative, and flexibility.
Includes the following and other duties as assigned (with minimum supervision):
- Lead/manage projects from beginning to completion, including fundraising, project management, and timely delivery.
- Perform rigorous quantitative/qualitative evaluation of business models, financial instruments, and energy policies.
- Design and implement complex analytical research assignments, requiring financial modeling.
- Write high-quality research products, including white papers, presentations, policy briefs, blogs, etc.
- Master’s degree with specialization in finance is required; PhDs in finance and CFAs are welcome. Candidates with a strong analytical/quantitative background are preferred; experience in economics a plus.
- Required senior and progressive experience in in one or more of the following areas: project finance, capital markets, structured financial products, risk hedging solutions, and financial derivatives.
- Prior experience in the following business establishments is preferred: private/public sector banks, investment banks, management consulting, credit rating agencies, and finance focused think-tanks.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong project management skills, including the ability to lead a project from start to finish with minimum supervision.
- An insightful, independent, analytical mind with a strong track record of applying sound political and strategic judgment in complex situations.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex qualitative and quantitative analyses to expert as well as non-technical audiences.
- Professionalism, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and ability to interact with a diverse array of people.
Title and compensation
The position is located in Delhi/NCR. We offer excellent benefits packages and competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
Please visit https://climatepolicy.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=99 to submit an application. With your application, attach two documents: (1) CV/resume, (2) a cover letter outlining why you want to work us and how your skills and experience match the criteria above, followed by a writing sample.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.