Senior Analyst/ Manager, Climate Finance Tracking
The successful applicant will manage key projects and related teams in CPI’s Climate Finance Tracking workstream, and develop new analytical approaches and products to continue to build CPI’s reputation for impactful analysis on the state of global climate finance and support to key stakeholders.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
With deep expertise in finance and policy, Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is an analysis and advisory organization that works to improve the most important energy and land use practices around the world. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Kenya, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
ABOUT CPI’S CLIMATE FINANCE TRACKING WORKSTREAM
Since 2011, CPI has published the Global Landscape of Climate Finance series which has been the global benchmark for robust information on climate finance, cited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 5th Assessment Report, and the UNFCCC’s Biennial Assessment among others. CPI has developed similar tracking analysis focused on national and regional development finance, SDG goals, land use finance, adaptation and renewable energy working with partners such as the International Development Finance Club (IDFC), Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All), the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and European Forestry Institute (EFI).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and others as assigned:
- Manage key projects and related project teams in CPI’s Climate Finance Tracking workstream
- Work closely with analysts to ensure robust and careful analysis, applying, developing and refining methodologies, ensuring high quality outputs on time and within budget
- Lead the development of client-targeted, new and existing analytical approaches, initiatives, projects and products related to understanding climate finance flows and stocks at international and national levels and measuring progress toward a zero carbon and climate resilient transition
- Cultivate productive and positive working relations with key local and international partners from the policy, finance, and corporate spheres, as well as with CPI teams throughout the world
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- BSc or BA required in the fields of international and/or domestic policy; economics or finance; math or statistics; business administration; environmental science; or a relevant related discipline. Advanced degree desirable
- At least 5 years of professional experience including management of analytical projects and teams required
- Experience in the analysis of investment or expenditure, renewable energy or other sector and market trend data and statistics and policies
- Experience analyzing and building large data sets from multiple data sources using Excel required. Familiarity with SQL or other database software desirable.
- Experience working effectively with external stakeholders from different types of organizations and backgrounds at all levels; strong client and funder relations skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization, time management, and prioritization skills, and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Deep commitment to the mission and values of CPI
- Fluency in English required (written and verbal); other language skills desirable
TITLE & COMPENSATION
CPI is hiring for one, potentially two, full-time positions with an expected start date of July-August 2019. The initial contract(s) will be for a fixed term of 2 years with the potential for extension. The position(s) will be located in London and will require occasional international travel. CPI offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. Title and compensation will be based on experience. This position reports to the Associate Director, Climate Finance, London.
Visit our website to submit an application which must include your CV, minimum 2-page example of your own, unedited, writing, and a cover letter outlining your interest in this position and how your skills and experience match the above criteria.
Applications will be evaluated on a continuous basis as received. Applications received before midnight 28th June 2019 BST will be prioritized.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.