Post-COP21: How to translate this landmark climate agreement into applied adaptation strategies?
Brussels, Belgium, 2016-06-16
Global Climate Change Alliance+ asked Acclimatise and CPI to facilitate a brainstorming session on 16th June at the European Development Days 2016. The session asked delegates to discuss and identify areas for the GCCA+ to enhance climate change adaptation in a post-Paris regime with reinforced global commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals.
Key topics discussed
- What are the main thematic priorities for least developed countries and SIDS in the period 2016 – 2020?
- What type of support is needed and in which priority areas?
- Climate finance and private sector engagement: What can public policies, regulations and finance interventions do to incentivize and enable private actors to take action on climate resilience?
- Post-COP21 policy developments: What does the Paris Agreement mean for national adaptation planning?
- What tools and analytical approaches can help monitor, review and over time improve adaptation planning and implementation?
Guido Corno, Climate Change Policy Expert, Global Climate Change Alliance+ will moderate the event. Speakers include: