Financing Innovative Business Models – Vienna Energy Forum 2017
Vienna, Austria, 2017-05-11
CPI Executive Director of the Climate Finance Program, Dr. Barbara Buchner, will participate in the following high-level panel session:
Financing Innovative Business Models
12 May, 11:15 – 12:30
Resource-efficient and innovative financing solutions allow for upscaling of public and private sector financing for sustainable energy investments. Particularly smaller projects and bottom-of-the-pyramid solutions often need tailored approaches and multifaceted solutions to make promising projects bankable.
The session will explore innovative, inclusive, and sustainable business models which have the potential to guarantee best possible use of available financial resources for the energy transition required to achieve affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. The aim is to discuss successful business models and the approaches for unlocking finance from available sources to support sustainable energy investments and implementation.
- Mafalda Duarte, Manager, Climate Investment Funds (World Bank)
- Meriem Bensalah-Chaqroun, President, General Confederation of Moroccan Companies
- Andrea Hagmann, Member of Executive Board, Bank of Austria
- Christoph Frei, Secretary General, World Energy Council
- Kudakwashe Ndhlukula, Executive Director, SADC Centre for Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency (SACREEE
- Barbara Buchner, Executive Director, Climate Finance – Climate Policy Initiative (CPI), Inc.
More information: https://www.viennaenergyforum.org/