World Climate Summit
Madrid, Spain, 2019-12-08
Sunday, December 8; 13:30 – 14:30
Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Centre
CPI, on behalf of the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance, will host a session at the World Climate Summit, “Climate Finance for Cities: Moving from project ideas to finance-ready low carbon infrastructure investments.” The session will explore how to facilitate investment through targeted action, learning, cooperation, partnership and analysis that will, in turn, aid in the development of well-structured, bankable projects to empower cities that often struggle to access climate finance. Speakers for this session will include:
- Barbara Buchner, Executive Director of Climate Policy Initiative, Head of the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance
- Peter Damgaard Jensen, Chief Executive Officer, PKA
- Alzbeta Klein, Director and Global Head, Climate Business, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Christopher Hurst, Director General of the Projects Directorate, European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Ingrid-Gabriela Hoven, Director-General, Global Issues—Sector Policies and Programmes at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Mohamed Sefiani, Mayor of Chefchaouen, Morocco
CPI’s Dr. Barbara Buchner will also participate in a panel discussion, “Mobilizing Investments & Innovation in Low-Carbon Infrastructure.”
Launched in 2010, World Climate Summit is a forum for business- and investment-driven solutions to climate change. It acknowledges the essential importance of collaboration and the “bottom-up” perspective in solving climate change. The Summit is a key platform for driving policies, projects, and public-private partnerships.
For more information, visit the World Climate Summit.