CPI partners with government, business, and civil society—at both the national and regional levels—to support Indonesia as it reconciles its climate goals and development objectives. CPI works to implement the Production & Protection approach to realize sustainable and equitable land use in Indonesia. At the national level, CPI partners with the Ministry of Finance to understand, develop, and adjust fiscal policies and mechanisms that encourage the transition to a green economy and the optimal use of land and energy resources. CPI also closely collaborates with Ministry of Environment and Forestry and Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. In efforts to accelerate green investment, particularly in the energy sector, CPI works with public and private financing institutions.
- CPI’s Production and Protection Approach to Landscape Management (PALM) aims to make a significant contribution to the development and realization of Central Kalimantan’s green growth strategy. In partnership with the University of Palangka Raya and the PILAR Foundation, CPI is supporting the province’s transition towards sustainable oil palm production while protecting vital natural landscapes.
- CPI, in partnership with The Nature Conservancy and GIZ, is working to support East Kalimantan on sustainable land use through Low Emissions Palm Oil Development. CPI’s work, particularly focused on the Berau District, aims to optimize agricultural productivity for sustainable land use and to develop a strong sub-national fiscal policy to support regional economic growth.
- Fiscal Policy for Sustainable and Equitable Land Resources Management aims to advance Indonesia’s fiscal policy frameworks at the national and local levels, while supporting sustainable and equitable land and resource governance. Through a series of analytical studies, policy workshops, and stakeholder meetings, CPI is demonstrating the linkages between fiscal policy and land and resource issues, and building the technical capacity of government and non-government actors to design and implement effective land use and fiscal policies.
- The Clean Energy initiative supports accelerating renewable energy investment and reducing Indonesia’s dependence on fossil-fuel based energy. The initiative includes policy work and advisory support to public and private entities, engaging national and international groups sharing the same objectives.
- The Landscape of Public Climate Finance provides comprehensive information about the flows of climate finance in the country by mapping the key actors, financial instruments, and target sectors that ultimately drive investment.
- CPI is supporting the Government of Indonesia in Designing a Fit-for-Purpose Environment Fund, projected to become a leading national funding mechanism to address climate change and environmental challenges.
What’s New in Indonesia
Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Center, Singapore, June 4, 2019
Climate Policy Initiative will be hosting or speaking at several sessions during the World Bank Group's Innovate4Climate at the Marina ...
June 3, 2019
This CPI study, produced in collaboration with PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (Persero) is part of a research program which explores the potential of developing a green investment bank model in Indonesia. The overall objective of the program is to help development financial institutions, policymakers, and donors to understand the opportunities and challenges of applying the green investment bank model in the country. In this analysis, we specifically focus on the potential of developing a guarantee instrument to help catalyze renewable energy investments in Indonesia.
May 22, 2019
As part the Production and Protection Approach to Landscape Management (PALM), Climate Policy Initiative’s Indonesia team, in collaboration with ...
R Hotel Rancamaya, Bogor, March 19, 2019
As part of a capacity building program under Kigali Cooling Efficiency Program (K-CEP), Climate Policy Initiative’s Indonesia team, in ...
January 17, 2019
As we reflect upon the progress Indonesia has made on climate finance in 2018, we anticipate an even more momentous ...