California Carbon Dashboard
Published: October, 2013
California’s Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 (AB32) launched one of its key policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions this year – the cap and trade program. Unlike many such programs around the world, California’s cap and trade program acts as a backstop to a series of complementary policies that cover major emitting sectors in the state with the goal of returning California emissions to 1990 levels by 2020.
California Carbon Dashboard is a new beta website that offers an overview of AB32 and California climate policies, including carbon price tracking, news aggregation, and interactive graphics.
- Current and historic California carbon prices
- Relevant updates from the California Air Resources Board, news, and tweets
- Overview of the role of cap and trade and complementary policies in meeting California’s emissions reduction goals across sectors
- Emissions caps and emissions history by sector
- Overview and details about California’s cap and trade program