With expertise in finance, CPI focuses on renewable electricity, energy efficiency, utility business models, and innovation in the U.S. – identifying evidence-based solutions through in-depth analysis on what’s working and what’s not.
- States and utilities are exploring cost-effective ways to comply with the Clean Power Plan. CPI is working with former public utility commissioners, CREST Renewable Energy, and Clean Energy Action to analyze financially realistic options for Colorado to accelerate deployment of low-cost renewables while retiring or repurposing higher-cost fossil fuel plants. The financial models and tools created will be of relevance to other states and utilities.
- The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) has engaged CPI to review and analyze a set of potential options for the future of large-scale renewable energy, to support New York’s Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) process. CPI presented the results of this work in a technical conference held by NYSERDA in June, 2015.
- Our work on the transition to low-carbon electricity looks at how to scale up renewable energy through adjustments to current models of electricity generation, transmission, delivery, and finance.
- We have also explored how the potential stranding of coal and oil will affect the U.S. economy and how policies can help reduce the cost of transition to low-carbon energy.
- The California Carbon Dashboard provides real-time news on cap-and-trade and climate policies in one of the most important economies and emitters in the world.
- Our analysis on U.S. tax policies showed that adjustments to how renewable energy policies are delivered could save taxpayers billions each year.
What's New in the U.S.
Transitional Foreign Exchange Debt Platform: Paths to Enable Foreign Currency Debt to the Rooftop Solar Sector in India
June 18, 2018
Low access to debt capital remains one of the key barriers to achieving the Indian government’s target of 40GW of rooftop solar installations by 2022. Foreign capital can help bridge the gap in debt availability for rooftop solar, however, foreign currency debt exposes rooftop solar project sponsors to the risk of foreign exchange rate fluctuation...
June 12, 2018
India has been a sweet spot for renewable energy investment exhibiting an 11% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2004 ...
March 20, 2018
India’s energy demand is increasing, and, to achieve its clean energy target of 175 GW by 2022, finance will ...
March 7, 2018
US-India Clean Energy Finance (USICEF) has selected its second round of project developers in Indian distributed solar power to receive ...
November 28, 2017
In recent weeks, California has continued to cement its leadership role in American climate policy – most recently at the COP23 ...